Table of Contents
1.0 – What are the Pancreatin Enzyme?
Pancreatin enzyme is a supplement that can be taken orally if you are suffering from a pancreatic enzyme deficiency. These enzymes help the body to digest fats, proteins, and carbohydrates from consuming organic food. According to statistics, middle-aged people are most prone to pancreatitis, which is why so many physicians recommend a Pancreatin enzyme diet supplement 01. Pelvic Organ
2.0 – Pancreatin Enzyme And Pancreatitis Link
When there is a dysfunction with the pancreas it can result in diseases such as pancreatitis, which is an inflammation of the pancreas. The affected person cannot properly digest food components and therefore does not receive adequate amounts of essential nutrients guide from their consumed foods. In order to treat this condition, Pancreatin enzyme tablets are produced from animal pancreatic extracts and vegetable sources that help to break down starch, fat, and protein 02.
3.0 – Types of Pancreatic Enzymes and Their Effects
3.1 – Lipase
Effects: Lipase 03 works with bile from the liver to break down fat molecules so they can be absorbed and use by the body.
The shortage may cause:
- Lack of needed fats and fat-soluble vitamins.
- Diarrhea and/or fatty stools.
3.2 – Protease
The shortage may cause:
- Allergies or the formation of toxic substances due to incomplete digestion of proteins.
- Increase the risk for intestinal infections.
3.3 – Amylase
Effects: Serum Amylase Pancreatitis 05 breaks down carbohydrates (starch) into sugars which are more easily absorbed by the body. Elevate Amylase Enzyme is also found in saliva.
The shortage may cause:
- Diarrhea due to the effects of the fudgiest starch in the colon.
4.0 – Pancreatic Enzymes Replacement
Pancreatic enzyme replacement 06 tablets are recommended not only for pancreatitis but also for pancreatic cancer, cystic fibrosis, post-gastrointestinal bypass surgery, post pancreatectomy, and pancreatic tumors. These Pancreatic Enzyme supplements are available over the counter as well as prescription dosages with the number of enzymes varying greatly between brands. The dosage will be different for each person so it is always recommended to consult your physician for the recommended dosage prior to use. It is also advised to not switch brands once you find a brand that works for you.
5.0 – Tips For Taking Pancreatin Enzymes
- Always be sure to drink plenty of fluid when on this medication.
- You should take the tablet with every meal or snack that contains fat, especially with meat, bread, dairy, and desserts.
- Avoid taking this supplement alongside magnesium or calcium supplements as these can reduce the effectiveness of the pancreatic enzyme.
- Start out with a very small dosage first and then you can adjust your intake accordingly as needed.
- Tablets should never be chewed or crushed, only swallowed whole, which is why they are covered with a special coating.
- Never take the capsule with milk, yogurt, ice cream, or any other dairy product as the high pH could dissolve the coating on the tablet and destroy the important enzyme activity before it even has the chance to reach your stomach.
- For Nutrients maximum benefits, take the enzyme prior to eating because they will not function as well if they are taken after. Some people take one prior to and after which is acceptable as well depending on the dosage.
6.0 – Side Effects Of Pancreatin Enzyme
The most common reported side effect is constipation 08.
- Other side effects are nausea, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps.
- The enzyme may affect some diabetic medications.
- The improper dosage could cause extreme weight loss in some people.
- An allergic reaction could occur in which case you should discontinue using the product immediately.
- When used in children that have cystic fibrosis, the large intestine could be compromised causing a condition that is known as fibrosing colonopathy.
- If you have an allergy to pork, beef, papaya, or pineapple, consult your physician prior to use for a brand that can accommodate you.
- If the supplement is not swallowing immediately, the enzymes could begin to digest the mucous membranes within your mouth resulting in irritation. This could cause mouth, tongue, and lip ulcerations.
If you find that you have a difficult time taking the tablet whole, place it in a spoonful of applesauce, puree banana, or any other non-dairy soft food that allows you to swallow without chewing. It is always advised to talk to your medical care provider prior to taking a Pancreatin enzyme to discuss any concerns, allergies, or potential side effects and they will be able to determine a proper dosage that you should start out with.