Table of Contents
Surgery is usually considered as an effective option for the treatment of any disease or defect in the body. Many types are being used in hospitals and medical centers. These types of surgeries include invasive methods, minimally invasive methods and non-invasive methods.
What are the Different Types of Surgeries?
In the United Kingdom, thousands of dedicated surgeons are working hard and delivering the best results possible for every woman. Your doctor will suggest the appropriate type of surgery after examining your condition and also provide you with detailed information about the operation and post-operative recovery.
In this article, we will provide you with information about the common Women Surgeries that are happening worldwide (01).
Read more… What Happens During Surgery Prep
The surgeries could be gynaecologic or cosmetic. However, the types of surgeries that are Common Women Surgeries are:
- Breast surgery
- Areola reduction
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- General surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Cosmetic Surgeries
- Gynaecologic Surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Fat removing surgeries
Read more… Preparing The, Surgical Instruments Quizlet
What is Gynaecologic Surgery?
As a woman, reproductive health is the most important part of physical health. With the process of ageing and after multiple pregnancies, almost every woman goes through some kind of gynaecological issue.
When these gynaecology issues arise, they need to be treated immediately with the help of expert doctors. Most of the time, these kinds of issues resolve with better medication or lifestyle change, while sometimes, they require minimally invasive or invasive surgeries to treat severe disease. These parts include the vagina, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, or uterus.
Millions of women each year face the condition of having gynaecological procedures and surgeries. Several surgeries require the procedure on the urinary tract or bladder as well.
What are the common types of gynecologic surgery?
- Colposcopy: close examination of cervix, vulva and vagina is performed to check for bad signs.
- Endometrial ablation: This procedure involves the removal of material from the uterus to reduce the menstrual flow
- Tubal ligation: This procedure helps in preventing pregnancy
- Amniocentesis: removal of amniotic fluid for prenatal testing
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP): this is the procedure to diagnose and treat cancerous growth.
- DaVinci hysterectomy: It is a minimally invasive surgery for the removal of the uterus or cervix.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure involves the removal of tissue from the uterus to treat heavy bleeding causing miscarriage or abortion.
- Hysterectomy: The process of removal of the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and cervix.
- Laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy: removal of the uterus through the vagina.
- Myomectomy: The procedure of removal of uterine fibroids, non-cancerous growth that causes heavy bleeding.
- Ovarian cystectomy: the process for the removal of a cyst from the uterus through the incision.
- Caesarean section: For surgical delivery of the baby.
Read more… Types of Sutures – Surgical Sewing
What is Cosmetic Surgery?
Cosmetic surgeries are performed to change the physical appearance of an individual. In Many countries, cosmetic surgeries are pretty common because many people want to redesign or contour the shape of any part of their body.
This type of Common Women Surgeries is used for fixing or contouring the areas that have a defect. Mostly these surgeries are performed for treating fine lines, wrinkles, nose reshaping etc. men also opt for these surgical procedures to create an image that makes them feel better and confident.
Several people decide to have cosmetic surgery to get comfortable with their physical appearance despite knowing that their health insurance would not cover the cost.
Breast augmentation, Botox injections, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, facelift, and liposuction are the procedures most common in women.
View: Surgical Instruments Pictures and Names PPT
What are the most common cosmetic surgery procedures?
According to expert plastic surgeons, the common invasive and minimally invasive cosmetic surgeries are:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast implant removals
- Buttock lift
- Breast lift
- Chin, jaw or cheek reshaping
- Eyelid lift
- Forehead lift
- Hair transplantation
- Nose reshaping
- Arm, thigh lift
- Tummy tuck
- Cellulite treatment
- Laser treatment
- Vaginal rejuvenation
The reason for the Common Women Surgeries procedure could be anything. So, learning about all the procedures is very important.
It is better to ask every question that you have in mind to get as much detailed information as you can.